Insight into Burma 2009
main activities in 2009:
- Conference of the Forum of Burmese in Europe (FBE) in Prague in 2009. This event was first time synchronized with the meeting of the Euro Burma Network (EBN).
- Awareness raising in the Czech Republic
- Cultural Events
- Publication Focus on Burma
Conference: Burmese in Europe – Promoting Partnership for Transition in Burma
This conference sought to bring together Burmese pro-democracy activists and scholars from various ethnic groups with policy makers and interested individuals from the Czech Republic and the EU. The aim of the conference was formulated as follows:
- To generate greater understanding among key European players about the relevance of Burmese living in European exile to the destiny of Burma
- To review fundamental policy questions in the light of long-term developments
- To find ways for more efficient, united activities among European Burmese.
The proceedings can be found in the 2009 issue of Focus on Burma.
This project was financially supported by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic as part of its Projects in Priority Areas of the Czech Republic’s Foreign Policy and International Relations. Financial support has also been given by the Euro Burma Office.